Requesting Advice on the Best Methods for Polkadot Parachain Development and Implementation

Hello Everyone :hugs:,

I’m contacting you in order to get advice from seasoned developers and community members since I’m just getting started on creating a parachain on the Polkadot network. I would welcome any advice or resources that will help me get through this process more skilfully. I have a few important questions.

Parachain Development Best Practices: How can I make sure my parachain is optimised for security and performance? Are there any particular coding standards or architectural best practices I should be adhering to? :thinking: Although I’ve read the official literature, I’m interested in knowing whether there are any unspoken advice or community-driven guidelines that I may not have read about.

Which are the best trustworthy tools for testing and debugging parachains prior to deployment? :thinking: I’ve found the Substrate Developer Hub, but I’m trying to find some useful guidance on the preferred tools and procedures in the community.

Economic Considerations: What are the most important things to think about when it comes to the economics of staking, governance, and parachain slot auctions? :thinking: I’m working to gain a deeper understanding of the ramifications of placing a bid and the best practices for token management in order to ensure the project’s long-term viability.

Community Engagement: Lastly, what tactics have been effective in creating a vibrant parachain community? :thinking: Any advice on how to boost interest and involvement in snowflake governance?

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

3 Likes

For best practices you can check out articles by srlabs. E.g these:

For performance considerations, I would refer you to the docs and materials from the pba, links here.

Also everything is open source, so I would welcome you to take advantage of it and just check the code of your fellow parachains.

Happy building!

2 Likes