Decoded 2024 Sponsorship for active community members

Your name or nickname.

Pablo Dorado (@pandres95)

Your country and region.

Colombia :colombia: — Region: America :earth_americas:

A summary of your last six months of activities as an active member of the community.

After attending the Polkadot Blockchain Academy Wave 3, I’ve been greatly involved in the technical side, mostly contributing to the codebase and products that benefit the Polkadot ecosystem as a whole.

Some highlights I can point out are the following:

• I have greatly contributed to the development, release, and growth of Kreivo, the first space for creating DAOs natively in Kusama.
  • I’ve contributed with tooling to enhance the experience of the Polkadot Fellowship, specifically, a bot to keep track of RFC-related referenda.
  • I’m currently working to improve people’s experience in decentralized governance, enable more use cases for assets, ease up account ownership, as well as helping polishing up Developer Experience.
    • As a side note, my personal project, Kippu and the definition of its protocol Ticketto will bring many enhancements in the following months, like enabling more dynamic tools to transact with NFTs (i.e. with other assets than native tokens, like DOT or KSM).

Finally, I recently applied to be promoted as a Member of the Polkadot Fellowship, and my application has been approved.

A paragraph explaining why you would like to benefit from sponsorship.

There are some reasons why I would benefit from being granted the sponsorship:

• I’ve been able to attend in-person events where I can keep in touch with other community members, interact, and accelerate some ideas in an environment that’s better suited for that.
  • Since the Decoded delivers the state-of-the-art, I’d have more tools to keep contributing and helping the ecosystem.
  • Finally, I consider it really important to keep the technical side and excite other people as well. We’re preparing a series of technical content to onboard even more people to the Polkadot in Latin America. We’re starting in Colombia (alongside the Polkadot Ambassadors in Colombia), and being there will help me prepare the most exciting content possible.

It would be awesome to attend my first in-person Decoded, so I’m hoping you’ll consider my application.

17 Likes