Alianza Hispana

Hola comunidad! on behalf of the Alianza Hispana I’m honored to introduce our collective and its translated manifest stating our values, goals and mission.

Manifesto of the Spanish-Speaking Decentralized Governance Collective

This group is made up of people from the Polkadot and Kusama ecosystem who have a diverse background, experience in the ecosystem and a strong commitment to the well-being of the network and its users, united under the mission of strengthening and empowering our community in the Polkadot and Kusama ecosystem.

The collective promotes the participation and transparent collaboration of the different Spanish-speaking communities in the governance of Polkadot, with the main objective being the inclusion, innovation and professionalism of the different Spanish-speaking communities with the following defined values:

• Integrity: Act objectively to guarantee the quality of work and reliability of the collective’s actions, assuming responsibility for the decisions made.
  • Transparency: Maintain clear and open communication, sharing relevant information with the Spanish-speaking community and ensuring a transparent decision-making process.
  • Inclusion: Encourage diversity of ideas and perspectives, ensuring that all voices are heard and valued in the Spanish-speaking community and in the community at large.
  • Collaboration: Work together with other members and groups of the community, sharing knowledge and resources to promote the growth and success of projects.
  • Innovation: Work for leadership in the adoption of new technologies and in the development of solutions that benefit the Spanish-speaking community and the Polkadot and Kusama ecosystem as a whole.

Mission:

Represent the Spanish-speaking community in the governance process and decision-making.

Goals:

1. Be the north star for the Spanish-speaking community as a meeting and reference point for all people, projects and initiatives of the Spanish-speaking community within the Polkadot and Kusama ecosystem, promoting an inclusive, collaborative and respectful space.
  2. Assume an active role when communicating with international communities, providing information on the achievements and progress made by the Spanish-speaking community, facilitating the exchange of ideas and collaborations through channels such as the Polkadot Forum.
  3. Represent our community in decision making. The collective seeks to initiate discussions and make decisions in a democratic and transparent manner, through the delegation of votes and active participation in voting by representing the interests of our community.
  4. Advise and support those who wish to make proposals to the Polkadot and Kusama Treasuries by providing guidance and support prior to being presented on Polkassembly/Subsquare or any current forum.
  5. Assume leadership and support in the development of technological solutions that facilitate community participation in decisions that require votes and internal coordination, including on-chain representation mechanisms. These tools will allow for greater inclusion and representation of the Spanish-speaking community in the ecosystem, ensuring that the community has the opportunity to vote for its members periodically.

Through this manifesto, the bases of the work method and principles that will guide the collective’s actions are established, always seeking the benefit of the Spanish-speaking community and the Polkadot and Kusama ecosystem as a whole.

The initial 10 members of the collective have signaled their intention to jointly participate in the actions of the group by signing an extrinsic with a multisig 10/10 that controls the main proxied account that represents the collective on-chain and can receive delegations.

Kusama Address: FZ71egMouzdJJhdougGW3KFiLAXsEeSkYwNn5drXSEvH3FM
Polkadot Address: 14hKbFVLgZHNAWTQ51Q315Jm1HVEoDt6DMt4L83y2BW5ZvPL

Para los hispanohablantes: aprende como delegar y participa en Discord, Telegram o Matrix(pronto).

8 Likes

Hi Everyone!

It’s Albert,(I Love Cripto in Social Media), Head Ambassador of Polkadot for Spain and founder member of this Collective. I hope to represent as best as we can all the Spanish community.

I Love Polkadot :star_struck:

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

Aquí tienes la traducción al inglés de tu mensaje:

I am very pleased with this initiative and that it is being carried out by such important people and figures within the ecosystem. I see the potential of LATAM in terms of talent and community, and I know it has a lot to grow, and this is undoubtedly a step forward!

Congratulations on this initiative, and as an ecosystem ambassador and part of the LATAM community, I appreciate the effort and dedication.

Greetings and good luck.

2 Likes

Hello,
I am Lorena (blockya), Head Ambassador for Latin America and part of this Collective. I would like to see more people involved and working together for the ecosystem.

2 Likes

Hola everyone! Im Alberto from SenseiNode, we are Polkadot first validator validator from Latin America and proud member of this collective. We’re committed to fostering integrity, transparency, and representing the Spanish-speaking community in Polkadot’s governance. Let’s create and innovate together!

2 Likes

Hola a todos!

I had no idea about this initiative, and I don’t feel represented, even though I’m involved in Hispanic activities, supporting Decoded in Buenos Aires, helping several actions in the Hispanic community, etc. I’ve even wanted to contribute to this community by bringing in people who have been in the Latin American entrepreneurial world for years, like my good friend Pablo Larguia from SenseiNode, who has extensive experience in community activities, and I’ve worked with him on some of these.

That’s why I don’t see the point in centralizing such a diverse and culturally rich Hispanic community. Perhaps I don’t fully understand, but the idea of “Represent our community in decision making” doesn’t seem like a good start to me. It’s entirely centralized. I believe it would be better to establish a Hispanic DAO and let various voices be represented. Additionally, as you all know, the “bounty for Spanish content” didn’t succeed. Where are the metrics? I don’t see any measurable impact, honestly. If someone has those success metrics, I’d love to see them.

I think there’s a significant opportunity in the Hispanic community, and it should be represented by everyone and attract new talents.

There’s so much more we can do, including nurturing this ecosystem with a broad Web3 community that includes developers, entrepreneurs, and governments (I’m currently helping a e-government project for LatAm with Toomas Hendrik Ilves, former president of Estonia)

Best regards.

Ursula

I’m Hector and i’m a proud member of this Alliance which has as goal to serve the spanish-speaking community and the whole network as well.

I have been contributing to Polkadot for almost 3 years in my role as software engineer in Parity where among other topics, I had the opportunity to present in Polkadot Decoded and Sub0 always sharing my technical learnings:

Trappist: Thinking cross chain applications with XCM | Sub0 2022
Substrate Introduction | Polkadot Decoded 2022 (Spanish)
Trappist: Polkadot’s Cross-Chain-App Testing Playground Gets a Rococo Parachain | Sub0 2023

Also i shared deep technical topics in the Polkadot Deep Dive Sessions:

Cross Chain Interoperability & Advanced Topics | Polkadot Deep Dives
Assets Pallet | Polkadot Deep Dives
XCM v3 | Polkadot Deep Dives

From the ecosystem point of view, in my last year i was involved on the following projects focused on helping the building community.

Trappist:

An internal parachain for the development of advanced cross-chain applications. Project Link:

Polkadot Release Analysis Report:

With Daniel (Polkadot Fellowship member) we will be the technical referents of this initial collective.

We invite everyone looking forward to contribute to this collective!

1 Like

Hello everyone, i am Hernan better known as Ernih Senior ambassador for Latam and member of Polkadot hub in Spanish. I have participated in the development of the Spanish community in several activities since august 2020, I am very happy to participate in this alliance that has as main objective to empower and support in governance to the hispanic community.
I encourage other members to take initiatives that promote the development of Polkadot and its community at a regional and global level.

1 Like