Delegated Governance & Voting Philosophy

To delegate your votes to METASPAN, please select these accounts:

Polkadot: 167uwrhNiRq7JnyAP7UUhGUK3QoB2qMBTk5soKLAdjSe5JUn

Kusama: HyLisujX7Cr6D7xzb6qadFdedLt8hmArB6ZVGJ6xsCUHqmx

If you want to delegate your governance vote to someone else, it’s important to understand how they make decisions, and what they stand for.

My approach to voting on governance is measured, deliberate and consistent.
I tend to avoid hype (marketing & influencers), and I favour initiatives that could bring more people into the ecosystem (tools, features). I am focused on building on the platform, rather than making a living from the platform.

Here is my declaration of how I vote on governance / referenda.

1. Technical adjustments, chain params, core features

On Kusama I generally vote aye - this is the canary chain and we’ll run these features / settings to see what works/breaks.

On Polkadot, I vote aye if/when the feature is stable on Kusama

1. Infrastructure

Metaspan is an active member of IBP.network. This group of infrastructure providers has demonstrated what it takes / costs to run infrastructure.

Depending on the relative cost for infrastructure (compared to what I spend on IBP), I tend to vote Aye if I think the service has a net positive benefit to the community.

1. Tools & Features

E.g. SDK, developer tools, test tools, etc

I tend to vote Aye if the amounts requested are ‘reasonable’. These features should be costed according to the effort it takes to create and maintain them

1. Marketing, influencers

Unless I know the proposer personally, I Abstain from these referenda

1. Educational content, courses

Unless I know the proposer personally, I Abstain from these referenda

1. Products & Services

I expect products and services to be self-funding. If there is a clear benefit to the community, (and the rewards come back to the community) I would consider voting Aye, but mostly I vote Nay or Abstain.

Voting History

Frequency of voting: I spend some time each week (mostly on Fridays) reading and researching each referenda before I vote.

Please note, I use a proxy account for governance, so these accounts below are different to the those mentioned above.

Kusama

https://kusama.subscan.io/account/F5212cNTxkoLQV9k3v74hLvdu76GebcxXDEhUR7gR9xMaDn?tab=referenda

Polkadot

4 Likes

YkzFeSYs_400x400

Introducing “PromoTeam Validator” Voting Philosophy.
To delegate your votes to PromoTeam Validator, please select these accounts:

Polkadot: 12BkPLskXyXrHhktrinLxVFkPzzvCzCyVCaqHkUEoxMwSzeq (Voting History)

Kusama: Dm4uKxZJZHJbpZpfnYPiHnbgyHWKMU1s5h6X7kqjfYv1Xkk (Voting History)

Polkadot Ecosystem PromoTeam — global and regional adoption of Polkadot/Kusama. We are the international team of Web3 fans. One of the first contributors to the Polkadot ecosystem.
Alex PromoTeam one of the core members of PromoTeam. Alex is a Validator, Ambassador and longterm contributor to the ecosystem Here are some of our accounts, we educate and inform our 60K+ audience:
https://twitter.com/Alex_PromoTeam
https://twitter.com/PromoTeamPD

My approach to voting on governance is pretty simple:
- Fair - I vote only fair offers, good balance of costs / efficiency / reputation
- Transparent - I prepare the review of our votings where we explain the decision
- Effective - I vote all the votings , dont use bots , do research of every offer
- True - I am big fan of Web3 concept and Polkadot, so I am interested to make Ecosystem flourish.

Please delegate your votes to Polkadot Validator on both networks - **Polkadot and Kusama!

5 Likes

Decentralized Voices Program Application: Advocating for Balanced Governance

Hello Polkadot Community,

I’m applying to the Decentralized Voices program with a background of over ten years in development, specializing in web3 security. My personal mission is to enhance safety within the blockchain ecosystem, directly contributing to the security and integrity of platforms like Polkadot.

You can observer some of my activities in the following resources:

• GitHub username: 0xGeorgii
  • X username: 0xGeorgii

Core Governance Principles:

• Decentralization: It’s crucial to prevent the concentration of governance power. I advocate for a system where decision-making is distributed across the community, ensuring no single entity can dominate.
  • Open Governance: Transparency and inclusivity should be at the heart of our governance model. This ensures every community member can contribute to and influence the network’s direction.
  • R&D Support: I firmly back proposals focused on research and development, recognizing their importance in advancing our ecosystem. Exceptions are made for proposals that don’t align with our core values, like gambling.
  • Education Over Marketing: I prioritize educational content over marketing initiatives. Quality dApps and genuine community engagement speak louder than advertising.
  • Conferences: I support organizing conferences as they facilitate knowledge exchange among developers, fostering innovation and collaboration within our ecosystem.

While my engagement in initiatives like the Polkadot Heroes program has enriched my understanding of the ecosystem, my daily involvement in coding and security analysis provides me with a practical perspective on governance.

I believe my experience and vision align well with the goals of the Decentralized Voices program, aiming to contribute to a more decentralized, open, and innovative Polkadot network.

Here are my validators:

Cheers!

4 Likes

Public Declaration of Polkadot Political Philosophy and Agenda

Greetings, Polkadot Community,

I am Temur, and I stand before you as a committed participant in the Polkadot governance ecosystem. My political philosophy within this decentralized framework revolves around the core tenets of transparency, community empowerment, and the relentless pursuit of technological excellence.

Philosophy:
I believe in a Polkadot that embodies the principles of decentralization and open dialogue. In our interconnected ecosystem, every voice matters. I advocate for a governance model that encourages inclusivity, where decisions are made collectively and transparently. My vision for Polkadot extends beyond individual gains, emphasizing the paramount importance of the community’s well-being and the network’s long-term success.

Agenda:
Inclusive Decision-Making:

I am committed to fostering an environment where diverse perspectives contribute to robust decision-making processes.
Encouraging community engagement in referenda and governance decisions is key to ensuring a truly decentralized and representative system.

Technological Advancements:

I support initiatives that drive technological innovation within the Polkadot ecosystem.
Striving for scalability, security, and sustainability, I advocate for continuous development and improvements that benefit the entire community.

Transparency and Accountability:

I believe in a governance structure that prioritizes transparency and accountability.
My voting decisions will be guided by these principles, with a focus on the greater good rather than individual interests.

As a participant in the Polkadot governance process, I pledge to actively contribute to discussions, engage with the community, and make informed decisions that align with the values of decentralization and collaboration.

Together, let us shape the future of Polkadot.

2 Likes

Philosophy

To talk about what the current Polkadot system is like, we must understand how it was arrived at; the current treasury works through a democratic system that has always sought decentralization.

The transition from Gov1 to Gov2 meant a liberation of power over the “people” which was a big step for the project. Even so, certain difficulties were experienced in the first weeks with the emergence of individuals with a large amount of tokens who voted against almost all proposals.

At that time I dedicated a large part of my time to studying each of the proposals that arose on the Kusama network. The drop in the number of proposals uploaded daily is notable.

In Gov1, the council was in charge of protecting the treasury and supporting emerging teams and projects that represented growth for the ecosystem. I liked that decision-making was in a certain “meritocratic” way, yet I have always been a defender of decentralization, which is why I applauded the arrival of Gov2.

Democracy is complicated, it has its good points and its bad points, in certain countries we can see government failures due to the lack of transparency. Luckily at Polkadot, thanks to blockchain technology, we have access to every transaction, every history, and we have the ability to audit what is done with treasury funds. We are even part of the decision-making, making our constructive opinions known and seeking consensus in the community.

Polkadot needs involved users with enough voting power to study proposals and monitor their compliance, we cannot give rise to misleading proposals or exaggerated budgets.

The number of tokens and conviction are key factors in determining the voting power of governance participants, but there are also highly involved and knowledgeable value users who do not have enough tokens to be heard. . The ability to delegate the vote to these users is one of the great advantages that Polkadot offers over other blockchains and is something that makes me proud to be part of this community.

The pursuit of a real and useful vote has led us to search for people who dedicate their time to researching and analyzing the proposals.

Agenda

Personally, I have dedicated a lot of time to governance even before Gov2 was established, I have dedicated myself to informing myself about which proposals were approved, which were not, analyzing the reasons and looking for fraudulent proposals, in addition to worrying about the concerns of the community to try to make my small contribution to the direction of Polkadot and Kusama. This has led me to acquire a great knowledge of it that combined with a law degree, my experience in on-chain governance and auditing added to my passion for the Polkadot ecosystem makes me someone ideal for the new role that will be incorporated into the system. , considering me someone objective who will ensure that those proposals that benefit the blockchain are approved and detect those that seek only personal benefit. My criteria are and will be: objectivity and honesty. Therefore, and as a final reflection, Gov2 is not perfect, nor was its predecessor Gov1, however, little by little it is being improved and making this system have fewer flaws by adding new figures such as Web3Fundation delegators, however for them to work Those who will carry out this role must be well chosen, just as in a state politicians must be well chosen, since otherwise they will only take advantage of the state/treasury without contributing anything to it.

Experience

I work as an Auditor in the Kusama network with the Coinstudio team:
-Referenda 135
-Referenda 189
-Referenda 133
-Referenda 212
-Referenda 215
-Referenda 200

More than 40 analyzes on proposals of all types (events, projects, techniques, XCM, marketplaces, wallets, bounties): https://www.youtube.com/@GobernanzaKSM

Actively involved in in-person Polkadot events to stay up to date with all the updates and hear from developers, founders and the community: Decoded 2022 Berlin, Decoded 2023 Denmark, Decoded 2023 Sub0

Polkassembly collaboration, in order to make governance more accessible: videos attached to the proposals + audit in PDF, here are some examples:
-Referenda 212
-Referenda 215
-Referenda 200
-@GobernanzaKSM

4 Likes

Hello, esteemed members and newcomers of the Polkadot community!

Philosophy:
My beliefs are deeply rooted in the ideals of decentralization and open communication, which form the foundation of Polkadot. I am an active participant in an ecosystem where every member has the opportunity to be heard and contribute to the general well-being. I believe in governance based on collaboration and transparency, striving for joint and balanced decision-making that reflects my commitment to the long-term prosperity of the network as a whole, not just its individual elements.

Agenda:
Inclusive Decision-Making:
I call for the creation of an environment where a multitude of opinions enriches our approach to governance. Encouraging active community involvement in voting and management decisions is the cornerstone of our decentralization and representativeness.

Technological Innovations:
I support initiatives that accelerate technological progress within Polkadot. Considering the importance of scalability, security, and stability, I advocate for continuous improvement, benefiting all ecosystem participants.

Transparency and Accountability:
The principles of transparency and accountability hold a central place in my governance philosophy. My voting decisions will reflect these cornerstones, with an emphasis on the public good, not individual benefits.

Commitments:
As an active participant in the Polkadot governance process, I am determined to engage in dialogue, interact with the community, and make thoughtful decisions that align with the fundamental principles of decentralization and cooperation.

Conclusion:
Let us unite our efforts to shape a promising and resilient future for Polkadot. Together, we can achieve a balance between innovation and stability, expanding the horizons of our network and strengthening its openness to all participants.

Here are my validators:

• Polkadot 16ZkdRYne6geWLkhaMgraDkXXiKHwSSQkCtQ2pPJPtoroURn
  • Kusama DczAw1iwYjCftH3NJC1Cp3oXLxUbLSKnb4d2UrXNVLMKrgo