Decentralized Voices: Cohort 2- BRA_16-D & community

EN

Dear Polkadot Community! :slightly_smiling_face:

I introduce myself! I am Bryan although in the ecosystem I am better known as BRA_16-D

Before starting with a more extensive presentation or because I would like to be a delegate of the web3 Foundation, I would like to congratulate the web3 foundation for this initiative and to be able to give a voice to those people active within the ecosystem but with little voting power, throughout During this time I have seen how many times quite interesting comments have been left via PA that give us a new perspective on a proposal because no one can become an expert in all areas.

That is why from the channel we insist on being participants in governance in different ways; voting on a proposal, comments on a proposal, reporting on a proposal or disseminating one of it or making use of the delegation of votes.

To combat this, from the BRA channel we have been lucky enough to be delegates. We currently have a voting power of 100k DOTS and we have created a group “Governance Area” to be able to discuss the content of the proposal and whether it can be beneficial or not. for the ecosystem taking into account the following factors:

-Which is the background of the team in the ecosystem, in case this team is null because it is a team outside the ecosystem, will some active member of the ecosystem be accompanying/advising it to be able to have greater success in the needs that we present? ?

-Is the task being performed by another team? Then. What is the difference? (With this we do not believe that a single person should simply do a job since in the end promoting healthy competition is ideal to have better products and likewise the same product can be aimed at different audiences/customers

-Is the team that what was promised really capable of doing so?

-Is the requested amount a fair amount?

-Is it a good time to launch this product?

-If you have made a proposal before, how was your behavior towards the ecosystem once the work was done?

Actually as a community we understand that all areas can be financed taking into account the previous questions and always trying to be as objective as possible regardless of who treats the proponent, at the end of the day we all have the same mission to make Polkadot; The healthy growth of a project with a lot of potential to be squeezed and by taking care of what is financed thanks to the Treasury or not is completely key to carrying it out.

Regarding the voting mechanism for a proposal, what we do from Telegram

Why Telegram? Since the final intention is to be able to involve users, we must make their participation more accessible. Participating in Opengov is a quite hectic task since we have more than 60 monthly proposals only on Polkadot, being able to bring them together on an easily accessible platform as is the case of Telegram is a good opportunity to participate as a community on the Tokens delegated under BRA_16-D

1CaXBXVGNbey352w7ydA1A2yDyNQLshycom8Zyj69v5eRNK

What we do through a channel is pass the link of the proposal:

Here is an example, with the title and the amount to request, then inside this publication a chat opens where you will find:

-Explanation of the proposal, amount requested, team carrying out the work, background in the ecosystem and added value.

-Discussion of the members to reach a consensus on the vote.

The result will be made based on the feelings of the members who have decided to vote, this vote is anonymous, however the discussion is public.

The members of this group currently number 9 and we have both Polkadot and Parcahians ambassadors and active members of both teams and retail users.

In case of being elected as DV here we will have the report link of each voted proposal

DV BRA_16-D

ES
Querida comunidad de Polkadot! :slightly_smiling_face:

¡Me presento! Soy Bryan aunque en el ecosistema se me conoce más como BRA_16-D

Antes de empezar con una presentación mas extensa o porque me gustaria ser delegado de la web3 Foundation, me gustaría felicitar a la web3 foundation por esta iniciativa y poder darle voz a esas personas activas dentro del ecosistema pero con poco poder de voto, a lo largo de este tiempo he visto como muchas veces se han dejado vía PA comentarios bastante interesantes que nos dan una nueva perspectiva acerca de una propuesta porque nadie puede llegar a ser experto en todas las áreas.

Es por ello que desde el canal insistimos en ser partícipes en la gobernanza en distintas formas; votación de una propuesta, comentarios en una propuesta, reporte de alguna propuesta o difusión en una de ella o haciendo uso de la delegación de votos.

Para combatir esto desde el canal de BRA hemos tenido la suerte de ser delegados, actualmente tenemos un poder de voto de 100k DOTS y hemos creado un grupo “Área Gobernanza” para poder discutir acerca del contenido de la propuesta y si puede ser beneficioso o no para el ecosistema teniendo en cuenta los siguientes factores:

• Cuál es el background del equipo en el ecosistema, en caso de que este equipo sea nulo porque es un equipo ajeno al ecosistema, algún miembro activo del ecosistema lo estará acompañado/ asesorando para poder tener un mejor acierto en las necesidades que presentamos?
  • La tarea está siendo realizada por otro equipo? En caso de que así sea. En qué se diferencia?( con esto no creemos que simplemente una persona deba hacer un trabajo ya que al final fomentar la competencia sana es ideal para tener mejores productos y así mismo puede un mismo producto apuntar a diferentes audiencias/clientes
  • -El equipo que está llevando a cabo lo prometido realmente está capacitado para hacerlo?
  • El monto solicitado es una cantidad justa?
  • Es buen timing para lanzar este producto?
  • En caso de haber realizado una propuesta anteriormente, como fue su comportamiento ante el ecosistema una vez realizado el trabajo?

Realmente como comunidad entendemos que todas las áreas pueden ser financiadas teniendo en cuenta las preguntas anteriores y tratando ser siempre lo más objetivos posibles independientemente de quien se trate el proponente, al fin y al cabo todos tenemos la misma misión hacer de Polkadot; el crecimiento sano de un proyecto con mucho potencial por exprimir y mediante el cuidado de lo que se financia gracias al Tesoro o no es totalmente clave para llevarlo a cabo.

Respecto a el mecanismo de votación de una propuesta lo hacemos desde Telegram

¿Porque Telegram? Puesto que la intención final es poder involucrar a los usuarios debemos hacerle más accesible su participación, participar en Opengov es una tarea bastante ajetreada ya que tenemos más de 60 propuestas mensuales solo en Polkadot,poder juntarles en una plataforma de fácil acceso como es el caso de Telegram es una buena oportunidad para poder participar como comunidad sobre los Tokens delegado bajo BRA_16-D

( 1CaXBXVGNbey352w7ydA1A2yDyNQLshycom8Zyj69v5eRNK

)

Lo que hacemos mediante un canal es pasar link de la propuesta:

Aquí un ejemplo, con el título y la cantidad a solicitar, seguidamente en el interior de esta publicación se abre un chat dónde vas a encontrar:

-Explicación de la propuesta, monto solicitado, equipo que lleva el trabajo, background en el ecosistema y valor añadido

-Discusión de los miembros para llegar a un consenso en la votación.

El resultado se realizará en base al sentimiento de los integrantes que hayan decidido votar, esta votación es anónima sin embargo la discusión es publica.

Los integrantes de este grupo actualmente son 9 y contamos tanto con embajadores tanto de Polkadot como de parachains y miembros activos tanto de equipos como usuarios retail.

En caso de ser elegidos como DV aquí tendremos el enlace de reporte de cada propuesta votada

DV BRA_16-D

18 Likes

Hi! Here Adrián from Coin Reference, just want to leave here me totally support to BRA within Decentralized Voices programe. Really great way to make more people interact in Polkadot gob and content. Also they represents a big and great Spanish community. Ty!

1 Like

My full support for Bryan within the DV programme. Glad to see your submission and hope to gets elected.

1 Like

Fully support to Brah! I know him very well and I’m sure he represent the Values of the community! He has also a high activity in openGov :100:

1 Like

My support to this application for the Decentralized Voices programme. He has been very active in OpenGov, and I what is suggested in the proposal about creating a report explaining why they voted.

1 Like

Thanks Adrain, the community encourages us to continue creating and representing Polkadot in Spanish :slight_smile:

Thanks for the support Georgi!

thnks Cesar!

Yeah! We will create a report based on what was voted and why, we will also report the points for or against regardless of the vote if the proposal in this case requires it, thank you for the support:)

1 Like

I fully join in supporting the BRA initiative and being able to cooperate with the ecosystem with the commitment and dedication that is already common!

1 Like

I’m more than happy to support you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks sir for the support!:slight_smile:

Thanks sir;)

Me and the white rabbit was in talks about doing something similar via telegram and I Love crypto is also going that path. It be great to network if 2 of the three of us got DV (Me, You, I love crypto)

There is actual a similar version that was created recently I’m not sure who made it, but they added me to the group its only 4 of us.

I Support you as DV for cohort 2

1 Like