A Kusama Forum - Place for longform debate and healthy discussion

I do not think it is obvious that sentiment is clear / overwhelming, and I don’t think we should be hasty with actions.

There is a Kusama tag.

At the moment, there are a total of 7 posts tagged with Kusama, of which, I think I was the one who added the tag to 5 of them.

What would be clear to me, is if there is a high influx of traffic tagged with Kusama, that is would justify creating its own Forum Category. This push back is NOT unique to the idea of a Kusama category, but has been the suggested path forward for ALL suggested categories:

Our approach to the forum has been to minimize categories until categories are dense enough to merit a split. This is a common tactic for community building - limiting the number of channels to create density.

Note, we got feedback that there were too many sections already in the forum, so we reduced many of the sub-categories, and tried to keep things simple for now. To organize posts, we should use Tags.

Instead, I have created the “philosophy” tag for you, which you can add to any post, no matter which section it is written in.

You can get all threads with this tag here: Topics tagged philosophy

I hope this will be sufficient to start with, and if there are indeed a huge number of posts, then we can consider creating a section.

I too have proposed categories which have not been implemented yet.

It is hard to come up with definitive metrics which would justify a new category created, although I think it would be more obvious than the situation we have right now.

A suggestion might be, the tag must have greater than the average / median number of posts than existing categories on the forum.

@rhee i do not think a poll hidden within a specific forum topic is justification to take any site wide action. The number of active users is much higher than the number of votes collected. I don’t suggest you take actions in general using polls, but instead using hard data and metrics well defined in the rules of the forum.

Before we start adding sections to the forum, you as an administrator must define the process of the forum which everyone follows to make those things happen. Perhaps even an on-chain vote if it comes to that.

3 Likes