Simplify Polkadot ecosystem with a database & AI agent

Given that Polkadot is a network of parachains with so many projects, sometimes I feel there’s a lot more information on our ecosystem compared to other blockchains. There are a lot of docs to read, and while the support channel/Discord has been very helpful, I think we could do much better by using an LLM-based AI chatbot.

Here are some benefits in no particular order:

• Helping newcomers explore & self-learn. The bot would act as a tour guide into the ecosystem, introducing major and interesting projects to people. It could even answer some coding or basic trading activity questions, while keeping up-to-date with the latest changes.
  • Shortening the feedback loop for new projects. Like, people can ask questions about a particular project in the Polkadot ecosystem, and the bot will answer that but also record the questions so the developers could change their marketing wordings or update their FAQ to reflect the project better. Could provide more transparency (?)
  • Overall, I think a community-shared AI chatbot would provide more fun & more accurate info compared to generic ChatGPT.

What do you think?

Edit: Add some examples to illustrate:

Question: @Compilot How can I nominate validators on Polkadot?

Answer: To nominate validators on Polkadot, you’ll need to bond your DOT tokens first. Use the Polkadot.js extension to create an account, bond your tokens, and then select the validators you wish to nominate. Remember to keep some DOT unbonded for transaction fees!

Question: @Compilot What’s the current staking reward rate on Polkadot?

Answer: The current staking reward rate for Polkadot is approximately 14% annually. However, this rate can change due to factors like total staked amount and inflation. It’s best to check the Polkadot.js dashboard for real-time data.

Question: @Compilot Are there any upcoming Polkadot parachain auctions?

Answer: Yes, the next batch of Polkadot parachain auctions is scheduled to begin next month. Keep an eye on the official Polkadot calendar for exact dates and details on how to participate in crowdloans.