Proposal to induct Vikk to Senior Ambassador

I’m not in those discussions, but if it’s true then it’s sad that instead of coming up with standards that Senior Ambassadors would have to fulfill, they are voting on how many of their “friends” they can each choose to go to higher ranks.

I am not in those discussions either, but they are visible (read-only) in the Head Ambassador channel on the Polkadot Discord server.

On edit: I certainly hope they are not simply selecting their friends but are bringing in people who will help with the broader mission of benefitting Polkadot :pray:

1 Like

Rather than guessing, please ask us. We have a Talk to Ambassadors chat on Discord and you can also reach us directly.

The standards for SAs are being worked out. What happened also, we had a voting to limit SA nomination to 3 per HA. This is a very logical move because there are many valuable ex-SAs who we want to get back on track faster, so they can help us. Of course, first we’ll finalize the standard, share it with the community and when accepted, we move forward with the nominations.

2 Likes

I think it is a good way to make these proposals of SA induction public, so their contribution tracks can be proven. If someone would try to induct a “friend”, it would be evident by looking at the public information. Hence I believe we need to keep strong transparency standards on this too. :pray: