Proposal to incorporate Saimon as a Senior Ambassador

Proposal to incorporate Saimon as a Senior Ambassador

• Name: Simón/Saimon
• Telegram: @simonxpe
• X: @xsimonxpe
• Discord: @themvp07
• Address to be promoted: 15wbv2fXuFoeRcrWK4Q1Y5oM9LfsJyGmMXaUWDoAWXpZzWSp

Hello everyone!

My name is Simon but everyone calls me Saimon. I would like to apply to be elected as a Polkadot Senior Ambassador in the on-chain ambassador collective. I followed Vickk’s example and share this proposal here on the Polkadot forum and not on OpenGov, since only HAs can incorporate me as SA. Below, I provide relevant information for the Polkadot community and the 21 main ambassadors already selected about who I am and why I consider myself a suitable candidate to occupy a place among the Polkadot Senior Ambassadors.

In the previous program I was fulfilling that role during my free time and it was a nice experience. For this new edition I would like to maintain that role of collaboration with the ecosystem in the areas that are within my capabilities.

Linked to Polkadot since 2021, contributing in various ways, staying present on this path in difficult times and also in the happiest ones.

I would like to clarify that although my main contributions have been for Peru, I have expanded the level of reach of my contributions to 10 countries in both Latin America and Europe, which has allowed me to acquire a global experience of the ecosystem.

Achievements

I will highlight some of the most relevant contributions of each year.

Polkadot Kusama Latam Day (15-DEC): coordinator of the online day of presentation of content on the Polkadot and Kusama projects focused on the Spanish-speaking public. Activity that in 2021 was mentioned as the most popular among the 384 carried out by the community that year.

2022:

Deploy Chaos Tour (16-JUN): First collaboration between ambassadors from America and Europe. This was an activity carried out in Barcelona and Madrid that laid the groundwork for corporate collaborations between the company NTT DATA and several projects in the ecosystem.

Polkadot Decoded view party (30-JUN): This was the first time that a view party was organized in Peru and where many people were able to learn about great projects. It had a live connection with the other view parties in Brazil and Argentina.

Presentation at Blockchain Rio conference (2-SEP): This was Polkadot’s first participation in this conference, where a great relationship began as could be seen in the edition held a few days ago.

Reactivation of the community in Colombia (26-OCT & 2-NOV): Meetups were held in Medellín and Bogotá that served to give a great boost and reactivate the local Polkadot community.

Polkadot Latam Day (15-DEC): was a hybrid activity that had the collaboration of 6 ambassadors from 4 different countries, it had a 9-hour broadcast of content focused on the Spanish-speaking public.

2023:

Polkadot Experience Alpha (APR-MAY): was a series of programming workshops where Polkadot development information was provided in 4 countries: Peru, Bolivia, Venezuela and Colombia.

Participation in Polkadot conferences (JUN-JUL-AUG): I was able to give talks about the experience and development potential in Latin America in activities held at DotPrague, ParisDotComm and Berlin Satelite event.

Participation in conference (1 & 2 -DEC): the organization of the first in-person Astar Network workshop in Latin America was achieved and Polkadot was represented at the ETH Latam Day conference.

Zeitgeist & NTT DATA Collaboration Announcement (22-DEC): After several conversations and internal work, this collaboration between a parachain and a large global technology consulting firm was announced.

2024:

Polkadot Experience Beta (FEB-MAR): Workshops were held at universities and blockchain communities for developers in Peru and Colombia where they were able to explore tools and solutions available within the ecosystem.

Hackathon Organization and Mentoring (20-23 JUN): The Causathon had a track sponsored by Polkadot for the development of applications using smart contracts in RUST.

My future plans as a Polkadot Senior Ambassador on Chain

Over the years I have been carrying out activities that have covered the needs of communities, businesses, and developers, and I would like to continue contributing my time to continue with that work. Each country has different contexts and needs, and my journey has allowed me to identify the best strategies for the deployment of activities in each one.

Now, i´m full time dedicated to web3 and I would like to continue strengthening these integration ties between Latin American initiatives and the rest of the world, thus contributing to the decentralization that is the essence of this technology.

Closing

I have gone through situations where there are resources and other more complex ones where I have allocated my own resources for the benefit of the ecosystem, here I am and here I remain. Let us continue building a better future together with the help of this great technology created by Gavin.

1 Like