PolkaIdentity - A friendly on-chain identity service

Hello Kusama Community,

We are happy to announce that our first alpha version of PolkaIdentity is now available at: https://polkaidentity.com

Our registrar has been accepted at Kusama by referenda #418 and hopefully soon we can also submit a proposal to Polkadot.

For this first step of our release we are hoping to get feedback from you guys (good and bad), so we can make sure we can offer a high-quality and stable service before we can move on to Polkadot.

A few features that are still being developed include:

• Teleport KSM from relaychain to people parachain directly from the website
  • Show the SubIdentities on the identity card
  • Allow the user to clear the identity
  • Allow user to upload an image and pgp key
  • Another flow for adding and removing SubIdentities
  • Make it possible to use a MultiSig, Proxy and Pure Proxy (this last one pending a few changes in the network)
  • Add social networks support (connecting with them to ensure ownership)
  • Add support to other ways of connecting a wallet besides polkadot-js

Finally we would like to thank everybody who supported our proposal and made this possible.

4 Likes

Very necessary tool to establish identity, a dedicated interface just for it and everything it implies.

I can’t go beyond that point, I will be attentive to try it

I believe it is related with polkadot-js extension, for some people the extension doesn’t seem to “pre-connect” the accounts to the website, if you connect them by opening the Polkadot-JS extension and clicking on “Connect Accounts”

After that you can select which accounts you want, and click on “Connect X accounts”

CleanShot 2024-08-18 at 21.44.04@2x

Finally, click the “refresh” link on the modal you showed and the accounts should appear.

Let me know if that doesn’t work, thank you for testing and giving us a feedback :smiley: