Polkadot is a leading project in terms of introducing innovative new technology to Web3 and as the foundational layer for many well-known and successful protocols, platforms, and Dapps. We believe there is a major opportunity for Polkadot Co-Founder & Parity Technologies CEO Björn Wagner as well as other spokespeople to dramatically enhance media presence and awareness across top-tier crypto, mainstream tech, and business media, especially given that the value provided by Polkadot to Web3 as a whole is not currently matched by public awareness of Polkadot’s role in the digital asset economy at large.
Our team at Melrose PR is well-positioned to close this gap, as we were previously Moonbeam’s agency of record for the past one and a half years. During that time we established a comprehensive understanding of Polkadot as a Layer Zero protocol, the structure of its L1 parachains and complementary projects, and the technology driving it all. We will leverage this experience to bring Polkadot to the forefront of Web3 industry narratives and prominence through leveraging best practices in public relations strategy, highlighting innovative ecosystem projects, and via the expertise of thought leaders like Björn Wagner and Polkadot Ecosystem Success Manager Alex Bird, amongst others.
Melrose PR is an entirely Web3-focused PR agency that has been working exclusively with blockchain projects for 7+ years. Some notable present and past clients include Moonbeam, Mina Protocol, SKALE Network, Gnosis Chain, Shardeum, Blockdaemon, and IoTeX. One differentiator is that we specialize solely in earned media, so any coverage that we land is due to our expertise in connecting Polkadot’s news and the team’s POV to reporters who are relevant and interested. Our experience supporting 100+ blockchain and crypto projects has allowed us to form lasting relationships with top reporters and outlets, including the following primary types of publications and more:
- Top Tier Crypto: CoinDesk, The Block, Decrypt, Blockworks, Cointelegraph, The Defiant
- Mainstream Business/Finance: Bloomberg, Reuters, CNBC, Yahoo! Finance, Fortune
- Top-tier Tech: TechCrunch, The Information, VentureBeat
- Podcasts: The Bad Crypto Podcast, Empire by Blockworks, Money Reimagined, Public Key
- Broadcast: CNBC Crypto World, Bloomberg TV, Yahoo! Finance, CoinDesk TV
To achieve a project’s PR goals, we focus on the following three key areas:
- Positioning spokespeople as industry leaders through expert commentary, op-eds, media appearances, and speaking roles at major conferences.
Announcement Coverage and Distribution
- We grab attention in the media with announcements pitched with the right angles to generate earned coverage.
- We provide guidance on messaging, announcements, reporter correspondence, and content creation to meet your awareness goals.
We integrate our workflow into our client’s communications stack by working closely with and advising internal decision makers directly. We work best when we have a responsive point of contact in marketing, who can be responsible for approving commentary, announcements, and other messaging as well as communicate details on announcements and other developments in the comms roadmap.
Our primary target audiences are top-tier crypto outlets, mainstream tech and business outlets that potential new users, developers and investors read regularly. By securing media coverage for Polkadot and its thought leaders, whether it’s through press releases, interviews, features, or other editorial content, our role is to significantly increase Polkadot’s brand visibility.
Further, overarching scope of work is as follows:
- Provide direction on overall brand messaging.
- Draft up to 2 pieces of original long-form content per month that can be a press release, byline opinion piece (op-ed), blog post, or other copy for communications materials & presentations.
- Editing and feedback on any content needs beyond the 2 pieces/month.
- One press release per month distributed on PRWeb Premium wire service included.
- Foster relationships and 1-on-1 rapport with relevant reporters.
- Craft weekly targeted pitch angles correlated to upcoming announcements and topical news.
- Elevate thought leadership for team members with strategic messaging and placements in crypto, tech, finance, or business outlets, podcasts, and other media opportunities.
- Landscape monitoring for newsjacking/comment opportunities.
- Support around earned speaker placements at events including speaking submissions and tracking docs.
- Provide media training for any public-facing spokespeople.
- On-the-ground PR liaison support at events *Travel fees may apply.
- Produce and maintain a strategic PR plan in real time.
- Weekly reporting of media coverage from our efforts, including campaign recaps and status updates on all ongoing initiatives.
We hope this brief provides the community with a good sense of where our areas of expertise lie, what our basic approach is, and the scope of our services. With that we thank you for your time and attention in reading the above and now open the floor to any questions or comments.