Polkadot Messaging/Positioning/Narrative Thoughts

We talked about this in Paris one year ago. Or was it two? Where someone from the Hydra team (I think, please correct me if I am mistaken) said in the Polkadot Marketing meetup where we met Peter for the first time:

“Sony does not advertise Playstation. Sony advertises the games you can play on the PS, so you want to buy the PS to play them. Polkadot should have the same approach.”

But two years later, nothing has really changed, and imo, nothing will until Parity joins the web3 ecosystem. I don’t mean join PolkaHaus. I mean, at the very least, mandate a weekly web3 day for every employee, where every single person or team MUST go on crypto twitter or into crypto groups or try interacting with crypto protocols and wallets and systems and report back. These reports should be overseen by a web3 native (Web3 Integration Supervisor) who can tell who’s bullshitting and avoiding web3-ification, and who’s actually out there being a pioneer.

Not even 10000 people hired by Parity can ever make the messaging good if they are not part of the ecosystem and know what resonates. Where are the memes? Where are the short and sweet explainers, demos, or thread drop-ins on twitter? Where are the conversations in the key telegram groups? 50 “coca cola” execs or whoever at 500k per year won’t be able to ship a good message because this is not a crowd that reacts to such messages. Devs in web3 are degens too, and unless you add some degen to your soup, it’s going to remain flavorless and out of people’s plates.

19 Likes