Polkadot Generic Ledger App

No.

No. This was also never really the requirement (modulo host functions, which didn’t changed for quite some time). For sure you will need the SDK version to get this feature. Depending on the need, we could discuss about backporting.

1 Like

any ETA on the app being available to download? looking forward to using all parachains on my ledger! the last article i read said early q2.

That seems to be the last eta.

• The app is currently in audit.
  • Talisman, Subwallet, and Nova wallet are in the progress of integrating.
  • We are taking the approach of a simultaneous Ledger live integration along with the launch of the app itself. This makes things significantly easier in terms of ecosystem application support.
  • The relay chain will need to be upgraded to support the new app, as will any parachain that wants to use it. This I do not have certain ETA on yet, though previously informed latest June for the relay chain.
  • There are a good few components here across different teams that need to be lined up and executed simultaneously in order for this to be a success, code freezes etc, so one could estimate a full launch of the app by the 3rd-4th week of June.

We will be reaching out to Parachains soon to inform you as to the steps that need to be taken in order to prepare your parachains for use with the app.

It would make sense to have a general how-to for parachain teams to follow since this is considered a major thing.

2 Likes

thanks for sharing the update. so end of june, maybe early july.

can you give clarity on the following:
“The relay chain will need to be upgraded to support the new app, as will any parachain that wants to use it. This I do not have certain ETA on yet, though previously informed latest June for the relay chain.”

does this mean each individual parachain will have to talk to polkadot devs to integrate?

or is the app plug and play? and will work for any parachain without the parachain needing to upgrade or change anything on their side?

Each parachain will need to integrate some changes to their runtime. They don’t need to talk to Polkadot devs. There exists a guide etc and the integration is quite easy.

The pull request that implements the feature in polkadot-sdk was merged today: Implement `CheckMetadataHash` extension by bkchr · Pull Request #4274 · paritytech/polkadot-sdk · GitHub

We aim to integrate this into 1.2.5 on the relay chain side (hopefully before decoded).

2 Likes