There are three tools from which - one is core for the other two. Each tool can be installed independently.
- XCM SDK: Core component for both API and Router. Meant to unify the cross-chain experience on Polkadot and become a layer 2 protocol that allows for seamless integration of XCM into your dApps. XCM SDK groups all 47 integrated XCM-compatible Parachain XCM Pallets into one uniform package and allows you to generate cross-chain calls with just one line.
- XCM API: (LightSpell⚡️): Meant to ease the integration of XCM interoperability into your dApp, offload your dApp from heavy computing and save you costs. LightSpell implements XCM SDK into simple API endpoints.
- XCM Router: (SpellRouter☄️): Meant to allow you to create XCM calls where you receive different assets than assets you send (Eg. Send → DOT from Polkadot, receive ASTR on Astar)—all in just one call.
Created, when there were no other SDKs for XCM in the ecosystem. In the sole beginning of Polkadot. Born from a wild idea, to unify the XCM experience in the ecosystem. Meet our battle-hardened and well-established XCM SDK.
The abilities you gain by using XCM SDK:
- Ability to transfer XCM messages from/to 47 different XCM compatible Parachains (Number of compatible chains fluctuates as some of them are added/removed)
- Support for all three XCM transfer scenarios (UMP - Para to Relay, DMP - Relay to Para, HRMP - Para to Para)
- Testing on testnet or localhost (You can input custom API parameter or even custom Parachain ID)
- Useful asset queries, XCM pallet queries, minimal deposit queries and more!
- Ability to use a keep-alive kind of XCM transfer which checks the balance of the account on the destination chain and determines if the amount you send is sufficient.
Meet our latest state-of-the-art technology called XCM-Router. It is easy to implement and has plenty of awesome features like automatic exchange chain selection! Featuring 579 asset exchange pools. Try it out via playground!
Implementation made easy with our docs
Meet our comprehensive documentation covering just about every topic developers will meet with when implementing XCM and our tools into their dAPPs.
- By now we completed 4 Web 3 Foundation grants meant to fund the development of our common good tools. This goes to show our dedication to the topic and the community. They can be observed here: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3, Phase 4 and we are currently about to complete Phase 5.
- We have been granted trust from the Kusama community twice in the following grant proposals that helped us further perfect our tools: Maintenance 1 and Maintenance 2 in which we have last 2 months to cover.
- Our latest achievement is getting first place at the Polkadot Global Series APAC 2023 Hackathon in the XCM Integration track with XCM API. Here is the final announcement post.
- Raise awareness of our XCM tools
- Gaining valuable feedback and suggestions on what should be added
- Task preparation for the upcoming treasury request on Kusama for a further 5 months of funding.
- Complex support with implementation (Feel free to open an issue in any repo)
- Prompt issue solving if any occurs (Feel free to open an issue in any repo)
- Constant updates for every package (We strive to bring new features for each tool)
- Comprehensive documentation for each tool
- Reliability (Checked each month for changes in Pallets or compatible Parachains)
- Guarantee, that everything is free for everyone. The ParaSpell✨ team aims to deliver only the common good, be completely open-source and free with no hidden costs or subscriptions.