Decentralized Futures Program

Hello! I am interested submitting a funding request as part of the Polkadot Decentralzed Futures Program. The program website mentions that the project should be outlined in this Ecosystem category. Is there a format that I should follow? Apologies if this is obvious - I just want to make sure that I’m doing this right! Thanks for any help! Carla

1 Like

Hi. We don’t have a clear template or something similar yet for the forum post since it probably also depends a lot on the exact idea (maybe we will change this over time). So far, I would say that if your long-term goal is to receive treasury funding, it probably makes sense to share more details with the community now and get feedback early that ultimately helps your long-term success. You could even share your entire application based on the application template publicly. In other cases, there might be clear reasons not to share everything with the community (confidentiality agreements, etc.), so it really depends on the exact case. Overall, we encourage you to share at least ideas publicly, but the form also gives you the option to provide reasons why you think that doesn’t make sense at this stage. Also, feel free to join the decentralized futures community on elements: https://matrix.to/#/#df:web3.foundation

1 Like

Hi David, thank you so much - this is really helpful! I will start a dialogue with the community and will also join the elements df community. Thank you again for taking the time to respond! Carla