What do you really want from a Polkadot Phone?

Hi Polkadot community! :waving_hand: I am Bharath!

Some of you might have read my previous articles. It’s almost 100 days from my first post.

Today I saw X users @CryptoHeroBTC and @SirPolkadot asking for the Polkadot Phone until Polkadot or Gavin Wood responds. It’s really exciting to see something like this while I am already setting up the base for the real blockchain phone.

I am curious about what the Polkadot community really wants, rather than just Polkadot apps.

You may have fresh ideas, innovations, or completely different ways of thinking about what a blockchain phone should be.

I have my own set of ideas, but I wanted to first build a proper blockchain that can have/access features of each and every blockchain in the world.

The idea is that it can solve problems of any chain on demand, so our smartphone can have access to everything from the blockchain industry without moving away from the main goal.

That’s why I started building InterLayer Blockchain using Substrate.
A new OS, Rust-based mobile apps, and Android compatibility are already in development too.
AI frontier models gave me super powers to build faster.

While building, I understood how complex this project actually is to explain and present, because it combines multiple components and projects, some of which can also work as standalone projects.

So far, only one person understood the entire project as I predicted before — Shankar Warang.

He may take care of blockchain operations while I can focus on building the entire stack.

Here is a visual of what I am building:

This is the MEL — Multi-VM Execution Layer. The goal is to bring different execution environments and blockchain capabilities together through one architecture.

It’s not sci-fi tech anymore. I’ve already built many things.

And there is more coming this month.

We are preparing a detailed proposal for the InterLayer blockchain.

I also already started open-sourcing smaller utility tools from the InterLayer stack, which may be useful to developers worldwide.

InterMCP | InterENV

And I want to welcome everyone to contribute to any of my projects.

If you are a developer, designer, researcher, hardware builder, blockchain developer, or simply someone with a good idea, you are welcome to explore what I am building and contribute wherever you think you can add value.

You don’t have to wait until everything is finished.

If you want to build something with me, you’re welcome. :handshake:

But before we go too far with the phone, I want to hear from the Polkadot community.

What would make you say:

“Yes, this is a real Polkadot Phone.”

Not just an Android phone with a few Polkadot apps.

What are your non-negotiables?

What features would you expect?

What would you want the phone to do that existing smartphones simply cannot do?

And if you have a completely new idea or innovation, I really want to hear it.

If you think your idea is worth something, or it may be worth patent registration, please don’t post the actual confidential details publicly. We can discuss it later privately.

I have my own ideas too, but I don’t want to build the phone based only on what I think people want.

Let’s build something the Polkadot community actually wants.