New Polkadot Ledger App

Spam, don’t follow that link. Already flagged it to admins.

@Kasumidot if you only hold DOT on the Polkadot Relay Chain or on any of the system chains, then you don’t need to do anything. Just using the new app directly will do.

1 Like

Thank you!

As a note: The polkadot-js extension has all the support for the Ledger Generic and Migration app in master (released in v0.50.1), and has been submitted to the store for review.

Polkadot.js UI and extension now both have full support for the Generic and Migration App.

4 Likes

Hi there!
Thank you for the update.

1. I have updated the ledger live up to date
  2. I have updated the Generic polkadot app up to date.
  3. The firmware is updated.

So i found this issue:

• I have an old Ledger account with a balance that I used with Ledger before the Centrifuge app was delisted from ledger live store.

Right now I’m connecting my ledger and trying to send tokens from Ledger to normal account. The app is triggering and I can sign the transaction (so Ledger recognises my account, but I can not find it in the polkadot.js extension).

When I try to send tokens from Ledger the transaction fails with error 1010.

If I create a new account in polkadot.js.org, there isn`t any issue with receiving and sending tokens from ledger without any issue.

If I want to add it again my old account into Polkadot JS extension. The extension generates a new account that is completely different from the old one… I tried also change address index and account type but the wallet address is always different.

• Old Ledger account is: 4cjb614Vv5zRLMefDuEY66VpBJD7gVbXcQAJ7h5Jpktmh7aM

I tried expert mode on and off. But the result is the same.

1 Like

Hi! Use the “Polkadot Migration” app and connect it to the Polkadot extension. Currently, this is the only account manager that can work with the Migration tool and Centrifuge. Make sure you have selected the option to use the Migration app in the Polkadot extension settings. If you continue to have issues, please contact us at Support.

@Juan_CDe Thank you for you reply.

If i change the setting to Migration app only in Polkadot.js extension. I still continue to get this error with my old account:

• 1010: Invalid Transaction: Transaction has a bad signature

If I change on polkadot.js.org website the setting. With MIgration App i can not even sign the transaction.

Unable to connect to the Ledger, ensure support is enabled in settings and no other app is using it. 27012: Data is invalid

And if I try to add a new Ledger account in polkadot extension under Centrifuge Chain i`m getting this error:

The app is definitely not working correctly with the old account on polkadot.js

(post deleted by author)

Juan_CDe, yes i did. And worked. Thanks.

I would like to highlight here for anyone who will face a similar issue, that:

• Use Polkadot (DOT) App if you set up a new account on Ledger
  • Use Polkadot Migration App ( don`t forget to set up in polkadot.js extension Migration App and in polkadot.js.org website in Settings- MIgration app) - for recovery of an already existing account.

The app might trigger if you have any other wallet that could connect to Ledger (in a different browser or Talisman or Nova wallet or Subwallet).
So ensure that you disable all of them and you will be able to recover your old account.

Thanks, everyone for the tips and hints.
Best.

Can someone help with this. I use Polkadot.js and when trying to compound in the polkadot pools Polkadot Staking Dashboard | Polkadot Staking (DOT) the ledger error returns “Ledger error: unknown status code: 28160”

As of today, I see there is the option for the generic ledger app and the migration ledger app, so I believe Polkadot.js has been updated. When trying to compound and approve with Ledger, I get the following message “You are using the Ledger GENERIC App. If you would like to switch it, please go to “MANAGE LEDGER APP” in the extension’s settings.” Not sure what to do here and don’t want to jeopardize my funds. Are there any instructions or tutorials for Polkadot.js

Hi, I’ve got the same issue, still looking for a solution

@DiamondHands @doud869 here’s an explanation on how to use the new ledger app on PJS: Polkadot-js New Ledger Support Completion.

1 Like

We’ve published the following articles on our Support page:

cc: @DiamondHands @doud869, make sure your Polkadot app (aka “Generic Polkadot app”) version is 100.0.8 to operate on Polkadot.