Hey Polkadot fam!
We are starting an initiative to help improve the user experience of Polkadot’s Ecosystem.
We would love your thoughts and feedback!
“I will never fully understand it, but give me a user interface that I can use and tell me everyone is using it.”
“As developers, we have to remember that there is a user who doesn’t know about the development.”
These quotes, extracted from the active brand research, highlight the critical need for simplicity and intuitiveness in UX/UI.
While we see continuous expansion on development initiatives within the Polkadot ecosystem, a significant challenge remains: the lack of intuitive user interfaces.
We have an opportunity here to attract more developers and everyday users by simplifying the experiences we are offering.
Braille is a team of UX/UI experts on a mission to make Polkadot’s Ecosystem more approachable and intuitive.
Our core team is composed of 3 Parity people:
- Michel - Product Design Lead
- Benoit - Program Manager
- Alex - End Users Campaign Manager
Together, we bring over 10 years of diverse experience in Product Design and Management, spanning various industries from banking to Web3, passing by retail.
Alongside our core team, we collaborate with ecosystem agents to cover every aspect of the user experience.
They are experts in their fields: UX Designers, UX Engineers, Front-End Developers, Brand Designers, Data Analysts, Product Managers and UX Copy Writers.
We’ve crafted two packages, each tailored to effectively address the current needs and future growth of the Polkadot ecosystem.
This package focuses on immediate, actionable improvements for projects:
- Usability Audits: In-depth evaluations to identify UX challenges, complete with actionable recommendations and wireframes.
- Implementations: Rapid deployment of our recommendations to enhance user experience without disrupting projects’ roadmap.
- Continuous Follow-Ups: Iterative improvements to keep dApps user-friendly and up-to-date.
Designed to nurture and solidify the Polkadot ecosystem:
- Design Library: A collaborative, comprehensive and evolving library of UI components, best practices, and standards to establish Polkadot’s UX Mental Model.
- Community Coordination: Facilitating ecosystem-wide discussions to unify and elevate UX/UI standards.
- Thought Leadership: Pioneering insights through publications, events, and educational initiatives, focusing on user-centric design in Web3.
- We are applying to the W3F Decentralized Futures grant to support our first year and focus on the DeFi vertical.
- In the future, we want to leverage decentralized mechanisms to keep pushing our vision on other verticals (NFTs, Gaming, etc.).
- The goal of our approach is to redistribute the value of the grant/treasury proposals by offering solutions free of charge for the project.
- What the heck is Unification of ecosystem experiences?
Polkadot’s dapps and protocols should offer an unified experience to the users. That doesn’t mean they can’t offer different features, but fragmented experiences is a lose-lose situation for everyone.
- We are not DeFi-centric. We’ll expand to other verticals later. However, we have to start somewhere, and DeFi is a low hanging fruit that fits perfectly our approach.
- We are confident that our work and the Common Good Design Library will benefit the projects and the ecosystem. Hence why, we are aiming for 70-100% of the current dapps in the ecosystem to be onboarded with UX/UI Standards after year 3.
- Finally, we foresee great engagement with the community. The natural evolution will be to create a DAO to keep pushing this initiative.
We are not naive — UX & UI on its own won’t solve all the problems to gain mass adoption.
It’s only with a mix of good tech, nice experience and great marketing that we’ll achieve amazing results.
This is the reason why we plan to bridge efforts with other ecosystem initiatives to offer a full range of expertises for the community.
We welcome your thoughts on this initiative! Some questions for the community:
- Who wants to answer a survey? 4 min of your time to get your sentiment on Polkadot and its experience. Fill it our here → Help Us Improve Polkadot User Experience
- Focus Verticals: Which areas should we prioritize after DeFi? NFTs, Gaming, others? Let us know!
Helping your project:
- Most Valuable Resources: What would help you most in UX improvements - detailed documentation, design libraries, or something else?
- Interest in Usability Audits: Would you consider a usability audit for your project, especially if supported by grants? Reach out on telegram
Helping the ecosystem:
- Ecosystem Agents: Keen to be part of this initiative? Reach out on telegram
- Ecosystem Initiatives: You’re also building an initiative and you think we can bridge our effort together? Reach out on telegram
- Feedback on Our Approach: Any concerns or suggestions to make this initiative better? Let us know your perspectives below!
Thanks for your time.