Exploring a Stripe-like Payment Infrastructure for Polkadot: Insights from Coinbase Commerce and Open-Source Alternatives

I recently explored Coinbase Commerce, a payment gateway system that enables merchants to accept ETH and stablecoin payments easily.

Personal Experience:
I made a transaction on Coinbase Commerce using MetaMask and ETH on the Base network. The payment process was remarkably smooth, from connecting my wallet to receiving confirmation.

Key Features of Coinbase Commerce:

1. Easy Integration:
  • Offers simple integration options including hosted checkout pages and API for custom implementations
  • Supports various e-commerce platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, and Magento
  1. Supported Cryptocurrencies:
  • Accepts major cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), and various stablecoins (e.g., USDC)
  • Allows merchants to receive payments in their preferred cryptocurrency
  1. Non-Custodial Service:
  • Merchants have full control over their funds
  1. Reporting and Analytics:
  • Provides tools for transaction history and financial reporting
  • Helps merchants in accounting and tax compliance

I’m wondering if we have something similar for Polkadot with a comprehensive suite of features. If not, can we build something similar for Polkadot?

Alternative solutions

Lago is an open-source product for payments and billing systems. They offer a comprehensive suite for invoicing and billing, with more details available on their product page.

Key points about Lago:

• Open-Source
  • Comprehensive Invoicing: Offers features for creating and managing invoices, managing taxes, collecting payments.
  • Flexible Integration

Perhaps we can collaborate with Lago and leverage their existing open-source ecosystem to integrate into Polkadot? We could potentially save development time by adapting an existing system.

Lago’s growth story is quite interesting.

Hi @muddlebee,

I’m Charles-Edouard LADARI from KwickBit. A few months ago, we decided to pivot towards developing a non-custodial payment gateway for e-commerce merchants.

Currently, we are in the process of securing a grant (details to be disclosed soon). We are excited to announce our upcoming collaboration with the Kreivo network, Decent Partners, and Brale.xyz. This partnership aims to promote stablecoin usage by enabling e-commerce platforms to accept payments in these currencies, which we believe holds tremendous value for the ecosystem.

We see significant potential in enabling crypto payments and would love to explore collaboration opportunities with you or anyone you think might be interested with us. :smiley:

Please feel free to check our initial post:

2 Likes

Hi @celadari , are you talking to Velocity labs yet on this? They are working on the stablecoin integration on Polkadot, let me know if you need an intro. My TG: elmarius852

2 Likes

Base is just killing out there, the integration of Coinbase commerece with social integration with frames on Warpcast is a great user experience too!

1 Like

Hi @mario852 ,

I have not. I would love that :raised_hands:

what’s your TG then I’ll link you up