Creating the Messari of DotSama

You are right that we don’t yet know what metrics will are the most valuable, but we know there will be some table stakes (basic) metrics such as Active Addresses, Unique Addresses, and Transfers. One of the problems is that even these basic metrics differ in definition and thus result across data providers (subscan, moonscan, polkaholic, etc). This problem exists in all ecosystems, not just polkadot.

Exactly, I have a plan to make significant steps in this direction and would love community input to make sure we’re going the right direction and providing the most value to the ecosystem.

tl;dr
Display metrics sourced from multiple sources with clear descriptions and definitions. We should increase the metrics over time based on community input on what they want to see next. Like you said, we don’t yet know what metrics will be the most valuable.

I’ve taken the liberty of kicking off a community discussion with few metrics HERE. If there is interest I have a team ready to execute on this and submit a treasury proposal to bring it to being.

Note: This post isn’t intended to address all the thinking in this thread; rather, it’s addressing a single important problem with concrete next steps.

1 Like