Contracts on AssetHub Roadmap

Since it is September now and the test net is still not live I would like to explain where we stand and why the delay.

My team just held a retreat last week and we were trying to cut enough corners to get something working on Westend. We were able to resolve all our known problems but we didn’t finish to get everything done in time.

Mainly because getting the address mapping (Address32 ↔ Address20) right was harder than expected. We didn’t want to go with the frontier solution where you can’t use existing AccountId32 accounts. But we also didn’t want to go with the Acala solution where a single Account is controlled by two keys and where this binding can potentially change. We think we came up with something simpler but it took up a lot of time to design this. I will post a complete writeup about this solution once we have the test net online and people can see it working.

What is open so far and what we hope to get done this week so we can launch on Westend:

• Open and merge the Address Mapping PR + another minor PRs around address derivation
  • Add pallet_revive to Westetend and upgrade Westend
  • Deploy our REMIX compiler backend to Parity’s infrastructure
  • Deploy our REMIX frontend to github pages
13 Likes