Collective-Based, Multi-Asset Treasuries

@sourabhniyogi I am taking our discussion from Polkadot Builder Collective. Before setting up individual Collectives we should focus on the general structure. I would personally really love to be involved when it comes to forming Collectives. I am a lawyer not a dev so if I can connect with someone who can show me how the collectives logic is set up on chain, it would be really helpful in understanding how can the social rules be set up around it. There is a long road ahead of us, collectives are a fundamental structures with high degree of importance so we shouldn´t rush it.

We should refrain from creating too many Collectives with overlapping goals. That would lead to dilution of ideas and discussion. It would also lead to a lot of administration and funding needed for these structures to run day to day. I would argue that forming few Collectives with quite broad areas of expertise that would be subdivided into smaller more agile groups around bounties is a better approach.

Right now main focus should be:

1. Analyze the current logic of the Fellowship and brainstorm if there should be any tweaks or improvements to the current structure before we start creating more collective. (I personally believe that collective members should have verified identity, especially if they will be receiving salary so the collectives can protect themselves through legal means if there is a bad actor.)

2. Analyze all current initiatives and communities to see what Collectives, it would make sense to create.

Right now I see three main areas where collectives would make sense.

• Technical Fellowship consisting of developers (Divided into subDAOs focused on core code and the ecosystem development. We should think about merging the Polkadot Alliance into it, because we have already many people in both so it only makes sense.
  • Marketing Fellowship consisting of marketers, content creators, ambassadors. Divided into subDAOs/Councils focused on marketing strategy, events, onboarding, design, socials, etc.
  • Governance Fellowship consisting of delegates. Divided into blocks focused on auditing, proposal template creation, proposal draft creation, etc. Similar to what is being proposed in the OpenCommunity Governance project by @CoinStudio mentioned in their comment.