Staking on waiting status

Can you please advise next steps if i have nominated validators which are showing a waiting status for more than 2 days , how do i go about cancelling the nomination. I am not showing any options to unbond as the status is showing waiting on these validators which dont have enough stake.

One of the validators is showing inactive and two showing waiting.

Thank you,

Nikhil

1 Like

Hey @Nikhil so, do you want to change your nominations to different validators? If so, to do so, go to polkadot.js.org/apps > staking > account actions

From there, click the three small dots on the far right of your nominator account. Select change controller account. The UI will guide you the rest of the way. You’ll need a small amount of DOT to cover transaction fees.

If you want to withdraw your funds (for example so you can transfer them) click the same three dots and click “unbond funds.” It will take 28 days to unbond them. After that you can withdraw and transfer.

Hello , Thank you so much for your response. Is it feasible to change nominations through the app or i will have to go to the link you had sent. If so how do i log into my account through the link.

Thank you

Nikhil

Which app are you using to manage your nominations? You don’t have to nominate through Polkadot.js, but there are several advantages including a more granular control and view of what’s happening on chain, and no third party fees.

There are several ways to add an account to polkadot.js depending on what you want to use it for. If you are looking to nominate and the amount is non-trivial, I recommend creating two accounts, a stash a controller. The stash account simply holds the funds and is more secure, offline, “cold storage.” It’s less convenient to use to sign everyday transactions, so for that you use the controller account.

Two options for cold storage are parity signer and a ledger device. One thing to note is you will need a browser like Chrome or Brave to connect ledger to polkadot.js. For a controller account I’d recommend the polkadot.js browser extension. Here is a tutorial showing how to create a parity signer and extension account.

One note is that if you have less than 200 DOT you will probably want to stake through a custodial service like Kraken. More information here.

I am using the Polkawallet app and i already have two accounts set up there and have bonded dots in my stash account and it is paired with the controller account and have 1 dot in ea account to manage the fees.

I dont see these 3 dots on Polkawallet that you mentioned. How will i be able to access my accpunt through the extension link you sent from my chrome browser. Can i manage this on my phone or need a computer for the same.

Greatly appreciate your support.

Thank you,

Nikhil

1 Like

Ok, gotcha. I haven’t used Polkawallet so hopefuly others who have can weigh in. You could also try asking in the Polkadot Element or Discord chats. The 3 dots I was referring to are in the polkadot.js user interface.

I have 20 DOTs staked at Polkawallet with WEB3 venture capital and CP287 cloudwalk. It means I won’t get any rewards??? I need 200 DOTs to get rewards???

1 Like

You are correct. This link will show you the latest minimum stake to earn rewards on the chain itself - 176.1273206305 DOT min stake | Polkaview

Right now (05:08 PM -7 GMT) that number is just above 176 DOT. Anything less will not earn rewards.

windylion has links to other threads about this.

1 Like