Ledger wallet(24words + passphrase) how can i recover my ledger wallet on official polkadot website polkadot.js.org/apps/#/accounts

Dear support,

I have one question regarding ledger wallet (24words + passphrase).
Is it possible to recover my wallet on website polkadot.js.org/apps/#/accounts if i lost my ledger wallet. I do not want to recover my wallet on another hardware wallet device.
I want to be sure that it is possible on that way to recover my address if i have my seed created on ledger(+ 25th word)… I hope that someone answer me, thank you a lot!

When i want to recover wallet… i do not see field for passphrase next to the seed (12 or 24 words).

1 Like

Hi @mare1212 welcome to the forum!
If you have your seed phrase, yes, you can recover your account onto a new device. There are a number of tutorials on Youtube explaining how to do so.

One thing I sometimes recommend to folks who are new to crypto is to practice recovering their account (whether Ledger or something else) at least once before sending funds to it. Also, I highly recommend reviewing basic cybersecurity principles. For example, never give out your seed phrase. Just as you can restore your account onto any ledger device from it, so can anyone else. Never store your seed phrase in digital form (i.e. as a text file on your hard drive or as a photo on your iphone).

Also, there are many scams out there, looking to take advantage of new users. The basic rule of thumb is that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Good luck, & let us know if you have any other questions!

1 Like

Thank you for your advice. I just ask this question for education purpose.

I’m not familiar with hardkey derivation… Could you please show me how “derivation path” should be written if i select ed25519 and i want to recover my ledger wallet address into polkadot.js.org/apps/#/accouts

Lets take for example: This is seed of 12 words created on my ledger hardware wallet:
[hidden]

Passphrase: [hidden]

Please show me form of derivation path in order to recover my hw without device?

Derivation path: ________. Thanks a lot!

Hi @mare1212,
I think I understand… You are just asking about a hypothetical test wallet? I hid the seed phrase in case the wallet had funds and posted it without realizing someone could take your funds.

I haven’t recovered a Ledger seed phrase in the way you describe. In the wiki I found the recommended advice is to reach out to project maintainers i.e. Ledger in this case. Sorry I can’t be of more help!