How to Recover a Parachain

As we discussed this last week, I would also be in favor of putting this onto some common good parachain dedicated to this purpose. This parachain could provide ways to create DAOs that are controlled in different ways. However, as this chain should not support all possible DAO configuration, it could also host pallet_contracts to have custom DAO contracts running.

The good thing about having this as a common good chain running. If there are problems with this chain, there are no issues involved with the relay chain token holders rescuing this chain :stuck_out_tongue:

However, the entire rescue part should be really the last resort. We need to improve testing of parachains. We need to see what try-runtime, fudge and chopsticks already provide us with. Then we need to work together in the community to extend these tools. I don’t think there should only exist one tool. Having multiple tools, where each of them supports one special use case really good is better than having one tool that does all, you know :wink: We could even come up with shared test cases that are basic tests for all chains using certain pallets or whatever. The possibilities are endlessly when it comes to testing. If we are all working together on this, I think we can create great tools!

1 Like