Adoption, metrics, treasury spending and ROI - open discussion thread

Hello Rich, I hope you are doing well. I understand that you have some concerns about the current state of treasuries in the Polkadot ecosystem. While it’s true that treasuries exist to drive adoption of the underlying technology, it’s also important to ensure that the funds are being used effectively and efficiently. As a community member, I share your concern for the responsible use of treasury funds.

Regarding your proposal for GMI Crypto Media Podcast, I understand that it was rejected by the Kusama community due to concerns about the cost and the lack of clarity in the outcomes. It’s important to consider the concerns of the community when submitting proposals, and to provide clear information about the expected outcomes and costs.

I would also like to address the concerns raised about the dormant companies associated with Decent Partners. It’s important to ensure that all individuals and companies within the ecosystem are transparent and above board. I encourage you to address any concerns that have been raised about the use of these companies.

In general, I believe that standardizing basic metrics and valuing treasury spending using key performance indicators (KPIs) and return on investment (ROI) related to driving new and active addresses (aka engaged users) of Kusama and Polkadot is a good idea. It’s important to ensure that treasury funds are being used effectively to drive adoption and growth within the ecosystem.

Thank you for your contributions to the Polkadot community, and I hope that you continue to work towards the responsible use of treasury funds to drive adoption and growth within the ecosystem.