Adjusting the current inflation model to sustain Treasury inflow

Thanks for your comments @asteeber and @jonas, I find the discussion around increasing inflation versus staking treasury funds interesting, and generally agree that at the end of the day they are similar, and someone has to bear the cost.

I think Jonas highlighted the simplicity of the increasing inflation correctly.

I want to emphasize on “someone has to bear the cost” a bit further and argue that the task of bringing massive amounts of treasury staked funds to the staking system would also reduce the rewards of certain other stakers through various ways, and effectively some existing stakers would be more affected. Contrary, in the inflation increase model, everyone pays the cost evenly.

This was merely another aspect of the simplicity of the original proposal which I find appealing.

From my side, I am also looking forward for more sophisticated pools (see: Nomination Pool controlled by a smart contract) that can help entities like treasury stake, but at the moment I am afraid it would unravel into a massive manual undertaking, and one which will be very political and difficult to come to consensus about.

1 Like