A Better Treasury System

One suggestion I might have for helping allocate treasury funds is matching ad rewards.

Content looking for funding, for example:

• alternative documentation
  • guides
  • youtube channels
  • podcasts
  • etc…

Have all been traditionally successful for individuals using ads as a revenue stream for their content. Polkadot treasury could make generating content in our ecosystem doubly valuable by matching the ad revenue generated by the content. For example, if a youtube channel receives $1000 per month in ad revenue, then Treasury would match that and allocate another $1000 in DOT to that youtube channel.

We would set an upper limit, for example, $5,000 where we match up to a total of $10,000 per month. For example, if a youtube channel makes $7,000, we match $3,000. After that point, I think it is pretty fair to call a content source self-sustainable.

What does NOT make sense to me is overpaying for content which is never seen, and ultimately makes no impact to the ecosystem. Like, yes, I am very happy that people are out there making videos for Polkadot, but your content, at 10-50 views, is not worth $1,000 per video to the treasury yet.

4 Likes